I work in software.
I'm on Twitter.
My academic background is in math (undergrad) and ancient Greek philosophy (beyond).
If you're not sure whether you should email me, you probably should.
Here are various writings about programming, broadly construed.
Here is a list of books I've written up in some form.
Here are my most recent posts.
If you're looking for a specific post, here are all of them, ordered alphabetically by title.
Some posts people have liked
Spaced repetition and Anki
- Here is how and why I use spaced repetition.
- Here are notes on spaced repetition and personal dependency management.
- Here are notes on Anki's data model and database structure.
- Here are notes on scheduling algorithms and self-experimentation.
Philosophy and academia
- I co-hosted a poker podcast for 8 years. Here is a FAQ.
- People ask me about parenting (whether or not they should do so!). Here's what I tell them.
About me, again